1. How is Marketa different from other Online Marketplaces?
The best way to answer this question is to try out Marketa.
But seriously, as a marketplace platform for merchants, we give you the following:
● Website Presence - All Marketa merchants will automatically have their own website under the Marketa (we call this feature: Marketa Address.) Your marketa address will always begin with your Shop Name in front, to show your brand always come first.
● Hyperlocal - Use Marketa Platform to sell online within your neighborhood, within the city, within your province or nationwide. Marketa helps you facilitate orders, collect payment and provides you with a fulfillment platform.
● Inventory and Product Management - We empower you to manage your physical inventory when selling online. We make sure that we have the correct technology algorithm to make your pictures optimize for website and mobile viewing.
● Payment Processing - By selling through Marketa, we incentivize your customers to pay you in advance. We connect to different payment acceptance channels in order to give your customers the convenience of paying online.
● Fraud Protection - We verify all your orders and protect you from fraudulent orders. Just do what you do best, and we do ours.
● Delivery and Logistics - Marketa supports all types of order and fulfillment behavior. Whether your customers wants the good to be delivered to their home, or pick up the item in your store, Marketa will process this type of order. We also allow you to fulfill directly the order using your logistics plus we credit your Marketa wallet for most of the shipping fee (that was charge from the customer).
● Marketa Wallet - a simple stored ledger that accounts every payment of the order you have processed. Marketa wallet assures you that you would be paid always on time and reconciled always up to the last centavo.
● Marketing - we empower you to make you visible in our platform and our social media channels. Most Marketa features, we allow you to generate your presence in our home page. By giving you your own Marketa Address, we also help you simplify how you endorse your online shop through your own social media channels.
● Return, Exchange and Refunds Management - to win back loyal customers, merchants need to perform these essential services. Let Marketa handle this for you.
Best of all, we are FREE. It’s FREE to List and Free to Join. We only earn when you earn. Try us, you have nothing to lose.
2. Now that I have signed up and have my products up, what’s next:
There are several things you can do with Marketa, please see below:
a. You will be emailed once there is an order.
b. Click on the email to access your merchant portal on Marketa.
c. Inside the Merchant Portal, kindly click on the current order, you can choose what Delivery option you would like to do. (i.e. Marketa Delivery, your own Delivery, Customer Meetup, Customer Pick up).
d. Products should be shipped out within 24 - 48 hours. For pre-orders or orders needed to be made in advance, this should be indicated in the Product description for knowledge for customer’s knowledge.
e. For Marketa Delivery, our logistics personnel/rider will pick up the item from your indicated pick-up point.
f. For Merchant Initiated Delivery, Customer Pick up or Meet up, we inform the Marketa buyer of this delivery option and provide them with the Marketa Code.
g. For now, we will work with your own packaging materials for delivery.
h.You must include your invoice with the products since we will give this to the customer.
i. We will deliver the products to the customer.
j. For Marketa Delivery, Marketa will credit the payment to your Marketa wallet after 7 days from the date of delivery.
k. For Merchant Delivery and Customer Pick up, we will credit the payment 7 days from the date you redeem the Marketa Code.
Product boost is a feature wherein you rank based on real time boosts, meaning your product boost will rank lower once another product is boosted. It’s best to frequently boost your products for go back to your merchant portal to re-boost your product again.
a. Login into your Merchant Portal. Click on the product boost.
b. Select the Product SKU you want to boost.
c. Click on the Boost button.
d. Visit the Marketa Home page. Go to the Product Boost corner to see your product being highlighted on top.
Promote your Marketa Store using Marketa Address
a. Your Marketa Address is very valuable. This allows your customer to access and view your product catalogue.
b. Your Marketa Address will also provide you with a certain proof that you are a legitimate online seller.
c. Promote your Marketa address in all your chat and social media channels.
Earn Badge Points
a. Marketa provides you the capability to better your reputation vs other sellers. If you complete certain activities within Marketa, this will allow you to earn badge points.
b. Badge points improve your reputation badge inside Marketa’s ecosystem.
c. To earn badge points, below are some activities that you can do:
- Ask your customers to rate you – It’s always good to get feedback from your customer. Kindly encourage them to rate your service. If you increase your rank, the higher the chance you can increase your sales.
- Submit completed docs and undergo Marketa Merchant Training – This type of activities will give you points that will increase your badge.
3.How can I get help in managing my store?
We are working hard to make the platform as easy to use as possible. The best is visit us in our office and sign up for Marketa University to learn more. If this is not possible, a skype or viber call to one of our associate will be best.
We are also developing our merchant handbook and quick videos that you may refer to. You may always reach us as well at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4.How much to join?
● It is free to join and free to list.
● We will only charge a marketplace fee for every successful sale. Transaction fees will also be charged and these are paid directly to the payment gateways.
● Below is a summary of the fees per category
|Parent Category||Sub Category||Marketplace Fee||Transaction Fee||Total|
|Organic & Vegan||7%||5%||12%|
|Beverages||Juices and Iced Tea||5%||5%||10%|
|Beauty & Wellness||Skin Care||10%||5%||15%|
|Home and Kitchen||Living||10%||5%||15%|
|Bed and Bath||10%||5%||15%|
|Shoes and Bags||10%||5%||15%|
|Computers & Tablets||1%||5%||6%|
|Gaming & Wearables||7%||5%||12%|
|Art and Design||Music||6%||5%||11%|
|Crafts & DIY||8%||5%||13%|
|Mom and Kids||Infant/Toddler||10%||5%||15%|
|Sports & Outdoors||Fitness||10%||5%||15%|
|Travel & Leisure||7%||5%||12%|
5. Who will handle logistics?
Marketa allows you to choose how you want the items to be delivered. Please see choices below:
● Marketa Delivery - Marketa and its logistics partner takes care of logistics and shipping. We pick up the packed goods from your pickup point and deliver them to you.
● Customer Pickups - This means you will instruct your customer to pick up an item in your Merchant Store.
6. You must include your invoice with the products since we will give this to the customer.
Sure, please see below:
|Type of Delivery||Coverage||Location Requirement||Shipping Charge Treatment||Delivery|
|Marketa Delivery||Nationwide||Merchant pickup point should be in Metro Manila.||Shipping Fee is credited to Marketa.||Once Buyer has received the goods, order is tagged as delivered.|
|Customer Pick Up||Dependent on Merchant Disclosure||Merchant should setup up at least 1 Pick up Location in their Merchant Portal.||No Shipping Charge.||Merchant is required to obtain the Marketa Code from the Buyer to tag the order as delivered.|
|Merchant Delivery||Dependent on Merchant Disclosure||No requirement.||80% of the Shipping Fee will be credited to the Merchant’s Marketa Wallet.||Merchant is required to obtain the Marketa Code from the Buyer to tag the order as delivered.|
7. What is Marketa Code?
a. Marketa Code is a secure payment token issued by Marketa to the buyer, when you choose the following delivery options:
b. It is part of Marketa’s escrow service. Once you have delivered the goods, kindly make sure you obtain the code from the buyer.
c. To redeem the Marketa Code, kindly login into your Merchant Portal and go to Order Management.
d. Kindly key in the Marketa Code inside the redemption box, to process the correct order.
e. If the code is successfully redeemed, your order status will be updated to “Delivered”.
8. How do I redeem the Marketa Code?
a. Please click this video link _____ to know how to redeem Marketa Code.
9. Can I handle my own shipping?
Yes, you can now use your own logistics or logistics partners.
10. If we use Marketa Delivery, can you ship big items?
● Yes, but we apply a standard weight limit of not exceeding 30 kgs.
● For Marketa Delivery, as part of our onboarding process, you should be able to upload your product catalogue pic and complete the product attributes page. Kindly indicate the Length x Width x Height (in cm terms) and Weight (in KG) of your product.
11. How should I package my items for shipping?
Make sure that items are packaged and ready to be delivered when the rider picks it up. Below is a guide on proper packaging.
● Use eco-friendly plastic and paper materials in your packaging.
● For liquids, make sure to tape the caps and lids to avoid spillage. Then put these in brown craft paper bags before plastic packaging to ensure that craft bag will absorb spillage, if any.
● For items packaged in glass bottles, make sure to use AT LEAST two (2) layers of bubble wrap to avoid breakage in transit. Please also request from us a FRAGILE label for proper handling.
12. For shipping, what is the basis of charges?
Shipping is derived from the following indicators:
a. For merchants that have inputted the correct dimensions and weight, we have a shipping calculator that computes for rates. We also base it from location of the merchant and the buyer.
b. For merchants that have no dimensions and weight, we base the rate from the buyer and merchant location. We also provide a predetermined box size and weight limit.
13. What are the payment methods I can accept from my customers?
14. What's the turn-around time for me to process my orders?
As a merchant, we highly encourage you to process the order at the soonest possible time (otherwise the customer may cancel the order). To give a time indication, we encourage that orders are processed within 24 hours and picked up within 48 hours.
15. Will I be giving you an inventory of products or will they be picked up from my location on a per-order basis?
You will have full control of your inventory and orders will be picked up from your location (for Marketa Delivery) on a per order basis. If you choose to fulfill the goods, ensure that items are available based on the quantity on your Marketa Store.
16.Who will upload my products to Marketa and manage my content?
17. How will I get paid?
All orders that are tagged as delivered will be earmarked for settlement after 7 working days. Those orders that are credited in your Marketa Wallet will be tagged as “completed”. You can then request a withdrawal of funds from your Marketa Wallet to your enrolled bank account.
We will remit to you the total purchase amount net of the marketplace fee, transaction fee and withholding tax. You are responsible for remitting your own taxes (VAT, withholding tax, etc).
18. What is Marketa Wallet?
The Marketa wallet is an online electronic wallet where your earnings are reflected (net of the marketplace fee, transaction fee and withholding tax). You can then request withdrawal of funds from your Marketa wallet to your enrolled bank account.
19. Is there a fee for transferring funds from my Marketa wallet to my bank account?
There is a Php100 settlement fee charged by the bank per transfer. However, you can let your order payments accumulate in your e-wallet and withdraw anytime you like.
20. My business is a non-VAT sole proprietorship. How is this treated?
If you are a non-VAT sole proprietorship, please provide proper documentation as proof so we can treat you accordingly.
We will list your prices as the total selling price. We will not collect any VAT related to your sales with the exception of our Marketplace Fee and Transaction Fees as well as VAT and Withholding Tax related to our Marketplace Fee.
21.For Marketa Delivery, will the receipts come from me or will you be issuing your own on the merchant’s behalf?
When the Marketa Delivery Personnel picks up the item, you only need to issue the following:
22. Who will facilitate any disputes between buyers and sellers?
Marketa will facilitate disputes. Depending on the nature of the dispute, we may coordinate the necessary resolution of dispute to the appropriate party for further resolution.
23. I am not yet registered as a business. Can I join?
Yes we support individual sellers. Kindly contact email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
24. What categories or products does Marketa have?
25. How should I price my products?
We want Marketa to be as inclusive as possible by giving our customers the best value for money, so please price your products affordably.
26. How does Marketa perform its marketing?
27. When posting photos, what size should they be?
We ask that you upload photos 1000 pixels or larger in size (height or width) with a minimum resolution of 72 pixels per inch.
28. Who will take care of providing photos? Will you shoot my products?
You are responsible for providing your product photos. We encourage you to have great photos to ensure that your products are attractive to your customers.
We will take photos for merchants under collections that we put together. We can give you copies of these photos so that you may use them for your social media sites.
*For merchants who want to avail of photoshoot services, Marketa has an in-house photographer who can shoot for you, for a fee.
29. What is Marketa Ratings (Grado)?
Marketa Grado is a ratings and review system that empowers buyers to provide feedback from their shopping experience with Marketa’s merchants. Marketa Grado ensures that its merchant community is driven to get satisfaction and delight to Marketa buyers to be able to create trust and habit.
30. What are the Marketa Grado Mechanics?
There will be 3 factors for Marketa Seller Grado: a. Product Quality, b. Delivery time c. Value for money.
Please see below detailed description
The buyer can also put a personal merchant review (maximum of 1000 characters) after they have rated the merchant.
The customer will rate each factor with either Good (+1 Point), Neutral (0 Point), Bad (-1) Point.
The maximum number of points a merchant can accumulate per customer order is 3 points. (This is where the customer rates the merchant good on all 3 factors). The points will be summed before it will be added merchant's badge.
It is possible for the seller to have their points reduced (even have negative points) especially if the customer always gives the merchant bad ratings.
Merchant points will accumulate and a corresponding badge level will be given to the merchant. Below are the badge ranking or level:
It is possible for a customer to lower its merchant's badge (through point reduction), if the merchant always gets a BAD rating.
© 2016 Marketa Philippines. All rights reserved